Duet Letterpress: Party in a Box

When Julie of Duet Letterpress realized her husband’s 30th birthday would fall at an inopportune time for a gathering, she came up with an ingenious solution—a virtual birthday party. To pull off the surprise, she secretly mailed these Party in a Box invitations to their friends and family, which each included printed pieces, balloons and handmade confetti. Then each recipient was asked to snap a photo of themselves using the package contents and send to the guest of honor on his birthday—such a great idea and fun surprise. Check out the rest of the details right here.

Editor’s note: Julie has noted that this project was inspired both by a shower in a box she received for her own baby shower, as well as Amanda Jane Jones’s recent Party in Box project.

1. Katie I KCAndCoBlog says:

'Party in a box' what a great idea! I also love that designers are incorporating cool little packages full of little goodies like these.
  2. Cree Jones says:

This looks like it was inspired by my wife's design for my 30th birthday party in a box from october. http://amandajanejones.com/#2273847/Party-In-A-Box-NEW

Oh wow, somehow I never saw Amanda's. Love that one as well!
  4. ♡hellovanny // WEEKLINKS says:

[...] These cute party in a box invites. [...]
  5. happy weekend! | Seed Factory says:

[...] love the simple rebranding of morrison’s value to m savers via the dieline. simple + sweet 5. party in a box is such a great idea if you are unable to get everyone together to celebrate a major event, not to [...]
  6. Quinn says:

Just found this via Pinterest and love this idea! My brother and I are throwing my mom a surprise 60th birthday party this year and I would love to send out these invites to people who are to far away. Where did you find these invites, I couldn't find a link to where they were. Thanks for your help!