Jonathan Schmitt: I Am CLE

Jonathan Schmitt and the team at MarcusThomas conceptualized the I am CLE campaign in response to Lebron James’ departure from the Cleveland Cavaliers. I’ve never been to Cleveland, so I can’t vouch for how representative this campaign is of the city, but I can definitely imagine the type of solidarity it would inspire. Unfortunately it was never implemented, but you can still take a look at all the components right here.

1. Jason says:

Great work and a cool idea. Sad to see another great idea die needlessly.
  2. Tina @ Scatterbox says:

I was born and raised in Cleveland, so I understand the city's discouragement with the whole LeBron situation... to a point (some people need to learn to let gooooooooo). Being from a town that continually is the brunt of jokes for one reason or another, Clevelanders are very passionate about and protective of their city. It really is a great place to live. I moved away when I got married 13 years ago, but I will always call it home and talk up its many virtues. This would have been an awesome campaign and I would have proudly rocked one of those shirts.
  3. jeremy wheat says:

Great look and a great rebrand for a city, not the team but the city that lost a great player. Everyone loves a underdog and this campaign would've taken off. Nice work!
  4. Jen says:

This campaign is a breath of fresh air! Living in Seattle, we have so much sports marketing and it is all pretty lame. It is great to see the Cavs are taking it a new direction.
  5. Lisa says:

As a resident of the CLE, I think this is great, positive, creative work. Bummed it wasn't implemented. But, it's not to late to put it to work, is it?
  6. Heather says:

I live in the CLE... so wish this had been brought to life! Such a fun concept!