A friend sent me a link to this article on discontinued sodas this morning, where I discovered the incredibly cool packaging of short-lived OK Soda. Seeing something like this, that exemplifies how smart and well-designed food/beverage packaging can be, makes me even more depressed about the new Pepsi designs.
And even their manifesto is fun:
- What’s the point ok OK? Well, what’s the point of anything?
- OK Soda emphatically rejects anything that is not OK, and fully supports anything that is.
- The better you understand something, the more OK it turns out to be.
- OK Soda says, “Don’t be fooled into thinking there has to be a reason for everything.”
- OK Soda reveals the surprising truth about people and situations.
- OK Soda does not subscribe to any religion, or endorse any political party, or do anything other than feel OK.
- There is no real secret to feeling OK.
- OK Soda may be the preferred drink of other people such as yourself.
- Never underestimate the remarkable abilities of “OK” brand soda.
- Please wake up every morning knowing that things are going to be OK.”